Interlochen Michigan

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Farther On

2011-04-07_11-21-51_745.jpg


There it is, ready to go, waiting for pick up!  My recycling....actually the truth is that is my recycling after the trash was picked up, and they left my goods!  Apparently, it can't just be put out by the trash, I apparently have to sign it up for pick up.....everyone else's on the block disappeared, everyone else's on Devonshire disappeared, but there sat mine, enjoying the day, next to the empty garbage can!!!!

I once again washed my hair with the lovely bar shampoo, while I could feel my other shampoo, in the plastic single use bottles, pointing at me, and talking behind my back.  I believe they called me a tree hugger, before they dissolved into giggles on the shower floor.  I wanted to step on them, but I am evolving, and change is difficult for everyone, even single use plastic bottles.





Look at my beautiful shopping bags that arrived today!  They are called WasteLess Bags, and they can be rolled up and secured with Velcro and be stored in my purse for any surprise shopping.  The only tiny issue with these beautiful bags, is that they arrived from Amazon each one was wrapped in plastic, and on top of that under the tightly wrapped non biodegradable plastic, each bag was tightly secured in a zip tie!  The zip tie, was so tightly secured that when I attempted to cut it off, one of the bags flew across the room and smacked the cat in the head.  This further infuriated said cat, who has just returned from a several day absence, probably due to the disappearance of her favorite wet food, which I can no longer buy due to it's plastic container....apparently doesn't like aluminum cans.

These are the exciting produce bags that I ordered.  They are rocking awesome, and I am excited to get to use them this week, when I purchase snack for work.  Now, they are a bit small, so it is a good thing that I have six of them, two trips to the store, six bags, should supply us with enough produce.

This journey to become a new me, to learn new habits is it seems two steps forward three steps backwards.  This is obvious to me, but may not to anyone else, as I have yet to mention that today I purchased dinner, which came in two plastic containers, housed in a plastic bag, and I forgot and got a drink which was in a single use plastic cup, with a straw.  Does it count if I had my travel cup with me?  Learning to live a different way, means having to relearn almost all of my daily patterns, which are on autopilot as I proceed thru my daily life.

In my early years I hid my tears
And passed my days alone
Adrift on an ocean of loneliness
My dreams like nets were thrown
To catch the love that I'd heard of
In books and films and songs
Now there's a world of illusion and fantasy
In the place where the real world belongs


Today was another day of self exploration, another day of seeing how hard it is to think about the next step in my life, how hard it is for me to stay calm in the process, and how hard it is to not be in control of my destiny!  I chose the song Farther On because currently I am personally struggling with saying good bye to a part of my life, and hello to the new.  I guess I was living in the "world of illusion and fantasy, In the place where the real world belongs".  So, it's time for me to see more clearly the real world which is my life, because the illusion and fantasy will not pay the bills!


I do believe if I continue to become a better person, a person who is still growing, learning, and changing, then good things will happen, and doors will open for me and my future will be shown to me.


So, tomorrow I will call the garbage people and see how I get my recycled stuff to be picked up, not left by the road side, I will try to avoid plastic bags, however, if I continue to accidently collect them, I will learn how to make one of these:





It is made with PLARN!  How does one make plarn?  I bet you can guess......